Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, It's been a problem for a while with my two and I've always thought that it was because of the BOV. I had a ZEN and it was leaking vacumn on idle and leaking boost. The turbo would boost fine for a while depending on driving. I have an FCD and is pushing 13psi.

After a little hard driving, the boost would die down to about 6 or 7 and would not go back up. If I let the car cool down a little then it's fine again. Like I said I thought that it was the problem with the BOV but I just recently purchased an HKS SSQ and it's still having the same problem. I'm thinking that it might be the wastegate or intercooler.

What do you guys think?

·
I love Cin
91 Turbo MR2
2,312 Posts
The ECU allows boost up to 11.8 psi from the factory as long as everything it is reading is fine.
If the ECU sees certain data, it limits your boost.

Things, that will limit your boost are: cold ambient temps, cold coolant temps, knock/detonation.

How fresh are your ignition components.
I suspect you might be experiencing knock.

·
I love Cin
91 Turbo MR2
2,312 Posts
If your boost control system still has the T-VSV hooked up,
it will try to limit max boost when ambient (outisde) air is too cold, AFAIK.

todd0305, the Bosch Platinums are one of the WORST plugs for the Turbo MR2.
Get yourself the NGK coppers (#6097), gap them to .030" and be happy.
They ar really cheap. Change them every 3000 miles with your oil.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
WOW I did not know that. Will replace them ASAP.

I noticed that when it drops boost. The Turbo still wants to spin and I can hear air is leaking out some where. Could the AFM's gate be closed?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys I have a similar problem but i have good boost only in higher gears is there a simple way to disable the T-VSV???? as it is always very cold where i live and i will never get any boost!!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts