Toyota Nation Forum banner

boost problem

1K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  logimier 
#1 ·
okay i took out my car this weekend just finished doing an oil change and installed a manual boost controller for the time beeing. its a second gen mr turbo, while i was driving today i noticed that im having a problem, im driving and as at hit about 4500-5000 rpm my car just restricts me i dont know whats happening. so i tryed lowering my boost thinking its that but i still seem to have this problem can someone help me. and how would i know if my turbo is shot?

i do have a fuel cut defender installed but im missing an aftermarked boost gauge so i really dont know much im boosting right now

#6 ·
wow so im not the only one...lol anyway i was told it can be 3 things vacuum hose,a leak,or the ecu. my friend had the same problem got it fixed his was the ecu so i hope my is the same or less if you happen to fix youre problem let me know... and ill let you know aht mine was...lol...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.