Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got my car back from PA Autoracing they swap my na to a 2nd gen turbo just got done breaking it in. I love the boost its running 10psi im putting a manual boost controller (turbo XS). My question is if i boost it up do i need to adjust my timing?? A friend of mines told something about the crank sensor or something like that?

·
Registered
25 Posts
how much did you get your swap done for? i could give it to a friend who will do it for me. but he's never done a toyota swap before. used to doing civics and tegs. so i wanna know what i need to spit out for a professsional toyota service.

·
Premium Member
5,005 Posts
i never had to adjust timing with the stock turbo.....just don't over boost it all the time...for daily driving....i ran 15psi on the ct-26....and 14psi on the t3/t4....an upgraded IC is a good next mod to invest in....

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
i got the clip for 2300 its a gen 2 with little under 50k labor he charged 800 dollars. He would also reccommend to get a new clutch while your at it supply the clutch and installation is free and you have to pay him back for the oil and fluids etc... so your looking at about at least 3300

spec 2 racing clutch 350us
install of walbro 255lph 100us
install blitz nur spec (free)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts