Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
french fried taters
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my new tacoma a few days ago and I love it so far. I noticed my airbox has a Borla sticker on it that says do not discard just like the k+n filter stickers say. Ive never heard of a Borla air filter and I havent found anywhere on this forum where anybody talks about one. I ordered my truck with a Borla exhaust, does it come with a filter when you order the exhaust. If so how do you clean it? Ive cleaned and oiled k+ns several times is it the same? If anybody knows anything Id appreciate it.

·
Registered
773 Posts
southeast region of toyota offers packages that other regions don't offer. contact the dealer for the instructions that came with.... or e-mail borla

·
french fried taters
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The sticker on the airbox reads as follows- STOP do not discard this vehicle equipped with a nondisposable air filter service filter every 50,000/100,000 miles sooner under extreme conditions Borla performance indutries. The gasket on the filter is black rubber and the filter itself is green looks like its made out of the same material as a k+n filter just green instead of red. It doesnt look very oily like a k+n filter. The number on it is 27671 and it says "made in eec". If anyone has one of these or knows anything about it let me know, I hate to call the dealer because theyre probably more clueless than I am. If Toyota is allowing some of their trucks to come from the factory with an aftermarket air filter that should quiet some of the posts Ive seen lately about how all aftermarket air filters are crap.

·
french fried taters
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I did some research and apparently Borla makes a "powerset" catback exhaust, the catback exhaust comes with a Borla air filter to compliment the exhaust. I emailed Borla to see if I can get some more info. because there isnt hardly anything about it on their website. Just thought Id pass it on if anybodys interested.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Interesting post about toyota putting on an aftermarket exaust and airfilter. Curious what all the people who say these upgrades are all crap have to say about this. I remember seeing somewhere a green aftermarket airfilter so I did some research. http://www.greenfilterusa.com/ Is that your filter?

·
french fried taters
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That does look similar to the one that came on my truck but Im not sure if thats it or not. Borla still hasnt replied back to me yet hopefully they will.

·
french fried taters
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sounds great, just the right rumble at idle without being real loud and when you get down on the gas it really sounds good.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.