Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice find! Tempting!
Left a request on their site back in May and received e-mail yesterday that they're now available :grin:

Real short box kinda looks funny as it doesn't fill the exhaust cavities completely? Oh well, car is lowered so shouldn't be a big deal ... nevertheless we'll see what it looks like next week if they arrive by then.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Looking forward to pics and impressions! Please let us know how much it weighs as well!

Left a request on their site back in May and received e-mail yesterday that they're now available :grin:

Real short box kinda looks funny as it doesn't fill the exhaust cavities completely? Oh well, car is lowered so shouldn't be a big deal ... nevertheless we'll see what it looks like next week if they arrive by then.

·
Registered
133 Posts
LOVE the Borla's on my Vette. Great build quality, amazing sound, million mile guarantee.

Don't need em on my 4 banger Camry :grin:

Glad they are available for the 6 cylinder now. Look at different vendors on the web-pricing was all over the place on mine.

·
Registered
389 Posts
They are very quiet. Barely if at all louder than stock. Remove the center resonator from the exhaust and they sound awesome and there is still no drone to worry about.

Reactions: CamRod1

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the tip ... not looking for loud, HP, nor is anything else going to be removed upstream.

Just would like a little bit more tone whilst not having to touch up the back 'black' of the stock mufflers after every ding.

If I lose throttle response, looks, MPG, or it drones, I will take them back off and put them on the shelf next to the K&N and chalk it up as a 7 hundred dollar mistake.

I really like this Camry and Lowered and mild cat back was all I was planning on doing.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Be interesting to hear your experiences with Borla Install on the Camry. Have a 15 XSE V6 and just saw these last night and am interested in switching out to them
. I am running a Borla Cat-Back and TRD CAI on a 14 T4R. It is barely noticeable until you punch it and then with the TRD CAI, it really growls.

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Now if only these could be A/B'd with the XSP setup. I think I asked but can't recall getting an answer - is the XSP still a single output with a dual tip finisher, or does the XSP actually have two outlets (presumably one for a bypass). If it's just one output on the XSP I don't see much reason to get those with these Borlas out there, especially since I don't like the quad tip look much, especially if it's fake.

·
Registered
2015 Toyota Camry V6 XLE
1,246 Posts
Thanks for posting!! ... been waiting for a V6 setup to come out!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Just a side note, the factory part numbers on the exhaust (mufflers and center pipe) are the same from 2012 - 2016 V6 Camrys...

Can not guarantee anything, but it may work on the older ones too...

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Finally received the Borla (went backorder as soon as I ordered a few weeks ago)

Initial impressions:

-Easy to install about an hour

-Weight 11 lbs ea., stock exhaust 17 lbs

-Quiet, like mentioned by 2 quick, barely louder than stock, nice growl on start-up

-Definite power increase and crisper throttle response

-Haven't noticed any droning, but haven't took her on a long drive yet

-I'm not convinced on the appearance with exposed hangers, may black out like stock

- construction quality is superb!

- I'm pleased overall

·
Premium Member
Lexus IS350
2,472 Posts
I'd definitely black out the hangars, looks out of place to me.

Isn't that considered an axle-back exhaust, and not a cat-back?

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'd definitely black out the hangars, looks out of place to me.

Isn't that considered an axle-back exhaust, and not a cat-back?
Correct, invoice calls it rear section exhaust.

Will play with looks for a while before I do anything. Went to store and walked up behind her and she looked good as is?

Kind of 'busy looking' for lack of words?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Just wondering...but for you guys doing the axle-back upgrade (unbolt parts from rear of OEM Y-pipe & all aft) on your V6 models, what are you doing with your OEM parts? The reason I ask is because I might like those to upgrade my '15 LE exhaust to duels. I've done the parts list comparison and from aft of the "Y" the parts are the same as the V6 XLE for the right side... except of course there is no exhaust on the left. I would still need a "Y" pipe to go from aft of the LE resonator back (perhaps cut from a wrecked V6) but with that bit in hand it looks like it could be a relatively easy job?

I wouldn't be doing this with any performance gain expectations in mind what-so-ever... just purely cosmetic. From my old school point of view though...... the Camry just looks very unbalanced from the rear with only one chrome pipe on such a large car. Funny really, but just one exhaust pipe on our Mazda3 S doesn't bother me at all.... but the Camry just seems to look like something is missing back there Thought welcome... and thanks,

Best, Dave

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Just wondering...but for you guys doing the axle-back upgrade (unbolt parts from rear of OEM Y-pipe & all aft) on your V6 models, what are you doing with your OEM parts?
I store my OEM parts so I can put them back on when the time comes to sell it to CarMax.

Australian 2.5 Camry make 10hp more with the duel exhaust according to there specification sheet.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts