Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any one belive the whole deal about the bosh platinum +4 or whatever plugs? I used to but then i got to thinking....the spark is gonna arch to the place of least resistance....right? therefore there its not arching to both of the pins....like i was lead to believe. Either way this doesnt help right? would it not be just as good to buy descent spark plugs instead of expensive ones that do the same thing?

·
Registered
1990 Celica GTS
2,714 Posts
4 ground pin means 4x more chance to get a low resistance path. The plug never get 100% chance to fire. More path will help it to fire earlier and keep up with timing.
Only thing is high compression engines, like your GTS engine, don't like the small tip plugs. The plug got too hot and cause pre-ignition.

·
camrys blow off too!
06 subaru wrx wagon
554 Posts
stick with what you got. the +4 imo is crap. great, it has more paths, but with that, you also tend to block ignition of the fuel.

·
Banned
245 Posts
Stick with some NGK's... best thing for your engine.

I am currently using NGK Iridiums in my 7AFE.. I thought I'd give them a whirl.. seem to handle a bit better at high RPMs than the copper NGKs I was using before.

Don't expect to gain horsepower directly from a spark plug either. The best you can hope for is to restore lost power, or gain power in combination with better ignition systems and timing. A spark plug alone will never GIVE you horsepower.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts