Toyota Nation Forum banner

181 - 199 of 199 Posts

·
3,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #181
I haven't been to a good liquor store in awhile but that is still on my list.
Tough to find a true good liquor store here. There is one that gets the good stuff (a few bottles anyway) but you can't get those; well I can't get those. Don't spend enough there. But the website Caskers sells :) A lot of the great stuff keeps being sold out due to limited quantities. siiigghhhh

·
Premium Member
1,270 Posts
Well since we don't have a beer thread that I remember I'll post about it here. I didn't really care for summer shandy by itself so I decided to try it mixed with Irish red and that's not bad at all!

Dude below from the airgun forum I'm in posted this and reminded me of the posts here so I figured you guys would get a kick out of it.

So one of my guys lost a bet. The typical bet is a nice bottle of Scotch. He went a bit of a different route and gave me THREE bottles. He said then I can do a tasting party. Plus he threw in a Maker's Mark dipped stoggie!

Bet pays off big!

·
Premium Member
1,270 Posts
You're right. I forgot about that beer thread. Looking forward to having a couple tonight.

·
3,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #185
Doing a Happy Dance: WhistlePig is now selling in NM.

:banana::chug::alc:

Picked up one of these F'ING BEAUTIES

As I have said prior, it is AWESOME SAUCE. Not cheap, but really not bad for how good it is. You can pick a bottle on Caskers for $129 plus shipping. Was only $125 here. Bargain!!

I have been saving the last remnants of the bottle from this pic I took back then. Enjoying that tonight since I now have a whole other bottle to enjoy later :) Yeah!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,270 Posts
SF on a flight:

:rofl2:

·
3,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #188
Scored this lovely lady yesterday:

Now that WP is in NM I can grab good stuff at Total Wine and More. $70 for this!! They also have the 10yr Old World for only $100. Both about $20-30 cheaper than just about anywhere else I have bought. Nice.

And I knew the day was coming when Eagle Rare (10yr) would get goofy. My favorite cost friendly bourbon to sip is now "highly allocated". Still only $30 at Total Wine, but they will only sell one bottle per day per customer. And the clerks there told me they are not allowed to buy it. Manager there said they only get 12 bottles a month. So I have made two trips to Total over the weekend to grab some bottles :) Need to hit it again tomorrow...

·
Premium Member
1,270 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,270 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
I have a few bottles of Crown Royal Cask 16 left, bought them in the hood in Chicago a few years back. My favorite Crown of all I have tried including XO etc. I was going to drink some the other day but it has been pushed to very special occasions as it's going for $600 a bottle or more now.
The only bottle of Cask No. 16 I ever got was my experimental bottle for about $100 Canadian and after finding how much I liked it, I'll always regret not having bought more of them.

I like the XO, but not enough to buy it again. The only Crown I try to always keep on hand is the Reserve. Really nice, not expensive either.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Most I have paid was $20 a shot with a friend who had never tried the Cask 16.
Most I ever paid was $25 for a shot of Taketsuru 35, which went for $700 a bottle. Luckily they still had some at the distillery and even though I didn't want to pay that much, I knew I'd never have the chance again. Very nice, but I'll stick with the Taketsuru 17.

·
Registered
989 Posts
I saw something about that last night, but the news acted like it just charred some barrels, not the whole building going up in flames. That's another reason I don't watch the news much any more, no facts about the incident, or it feels like you need to pull teeth to get the whole story.

Kind of like the story about the guy who shot someone in his house. What the news didn't tell you was the shooter was a drug dealer, and the guy who got shot was trying to rip him off. Something along the lines of why someone got shot at the gas station. The criminals just wanted the car.

·
3,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #197
My bro in-laws sent around a group text of that to me about how I must be having a hard time with that news. I said "Jim Beam? Pffft, let it burn." Had it been the Buffalo Trace distillery I may have fell into a puddle and cried. For weeks. Eagle Rare, my fave 10 year old bourbon, is now considered a limited commodity for some sellers. Still just $30 a bottle (oddly) but they limit how many you can buy. Total Wine and More will only sell one bottle per customer per day. Said they only get two cases (12 bottles total) a month. Screw that. A big hooch shop between work and home had 10 cases. I bought 2 bottles and a case yesterday. Loaded up now with 12 bottles of the stuff. I drink that neat and make my Manhattans with it. Goooooood. Anyway, if the Trace burned down, that Eagle Rare and a whole bunch of other great bourbons would be gone for awhile. Very bad days then.

·
3,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #198
Another very good bourbon. Around $30 a bottle as well. I find the 10 year old bourbons are a nice age.

And this from Buffalo Trace is goooo-ooood.

Pop some ice and pour that in a glass and sip. Better than Bailey's.

·
3,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #199
Look at Post 198 above: Birddog 10 year old. Used to be in the mid $30 a bottle. Of course that could not last. Now in the mid $60 a bottle. I still have a new bottle and about half an open bottle. Watch - this shot will go to $100 before too long. All bullshit of course, but there ya go.

Bought another bottle of Angels Envy this holiday weekend. Was on a sale and onlty about $56 so I grabbed one. Cracked it and enjoyed a few pours (neat of course). Not a bad bourbon by any means. I won't buy it for over $70 like it has been, but in the $50s I will go ahead.

181 - 199 of 199 Posts