Toyota Nation Forum banner

161 - 180 of 201 Posts

·
7,715 Posts
I saw a big Newmar Dutch Star with a Jeepnin flat tow yesterday. That fucking idiot was passing a semi and changed back over while his jeep was still even with the semis driver door. The semi had to take the shoulder all the way to dirt, honking his ass off the whole way. I was dumbfounded. That asshole had no business driving that rig if he can't do better than that!

·
Registered
1992 Geo Prizm
1,398 Posts
I saw a big Newmar Dutch Star with a Jeepnin flat tow yesterday. That fucking idiot was passing a semi and changed back over while his jeep was still even with the semis driver door. The semi had to take the shoulder all the way to dirt, honking his ass off the whole way. I was dumbfounded. That asshole had no business driving that rig if he can't do better than that!
Sounds like a normal Monday around here. Seen a guy drive right between 2 cars on the freeway because they were holding him up. You'd almost think he was drunk driving, but it was 5:45 in the AM.:disappoin

·
Premium Member
1,305 Posts
Stupid tail hole in a pickup did the same thing to me today where I had to brake hard while merging quickly into into the turn lane to avoid being hit. I was freakin pissed over the senseless near miss and caught up to him quickly where he wouldn't even look at me so I gunned it and returned the favor suddenly swerving into his lane near his bumper too. Don't like it so much when the same thing happens to you do you prick!
:nofu:

·
Premium Member
2016 Corolla S Prem
3,616 Posts
Trader Joes was slammed last Friday, so I hit BevMo.
No Bulleit Rye in the 750 bottle and I didn't want to get the big bottle.
Spent the next half hour trying to decide what "looked good" that I didn't have to call a drone to unlock the case, and ended up with King's Falcon Speyside Single Malt.
Not unlike the 10 year Trader Joe's single Malt that I tried a few weeks ago, maybe a bit smoother. Touch of vanilla is nice.

·
2015 4 Runner SR5
3,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #167
Buddy and I enjoyed a pour of the Whistlepig Rye I have posted up prior, then a Manhattan made with the vermouth I also poster prior, then later a pour of Eagle Rare. All this during that amazingly boring Superbowl. The most exciting things during that yawn fest was the Bourbon and the pipe with the aromatic tobacco blends.

·
7,715 Posts
Nah. I have had a fair bit of Captain n coke back in the day.

These days if I drink rum it's Appelton Estate most of the time. Lost my affinity for the spiced stuff.

http://www.appletonestate.com/en/

·
Premium Member
1,305 Posts
Probably the most delicious rum mix I've had is white rum with a chocolate snow cone. Mercy that's so good! :licklips:

·
2015 4 Runner SR5
3,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #172
Back to basics tonight:

Makers, ice, very liberal splashing of Fee Brother's Whiskey Barrel Bitters, and a small dash of Orange Bitters from same. The bitters gives it a spicy note, but I like the ice to tame it down a hair to smooth out the spikes in the Makers. This is the drink I love to sip sitting in my courtyard, listening to the fountain and John Mayer channel on Pandora on a warm summer evening. Can't wait for it to get warm again.

·
2015 4 Runner SR5
3,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #174 (Edited)
This pretty much confirms it. WhistlePig does not know how to make a bad Rye. we had this last night:

100 proof, no burn no harsh bite, sweet. An amazing sipping Rye. 10 year old (seems like, for me anyway, 10 is the age to get on whiskey). And it is only $82 and change on Caskers. My bud and I ordered a few more bottles, before they go crazy and make it a $300 bottle.

Highly, HIGHLY recommend any WhistlePig Rye you can get your hands on. They have all been divine.

If you feel like shopping on Caskers: Caskers - WhistlePig

·
2015 4 Runner SR5
3,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #175 (Edited)
Holy.
Crap.

We had dinner with our restaurant friends at a wine shop/restaurant on their house development grounds (Las Campanas). The Manhattan was superb, and I knew it was due to the vermouth. They happen to sell that, so I grabbed a bottle. I will grab a few more. Made the same tonight and it is amazing.

Liberal splashes (4-5 shakes) of the bitters, 1 part (1 oz in my case) vermouth, 2 parts (2 oz) of the Eagle Rare. Dayyyyummmmn. I chill the glass down with the ice then dump the ice into the shaker (plus a bit more) to chill the mix and shake it like it owes me money. Gorgeous golden-brown, kind of a darker honey color.

Info on the vermouth: Cocchi Storico

The right parts of spice, sweet, and bourbon bliss. Do this.

That restaurant is Arroyo Vino, and they use Weller I believe as the bourbon. I opted not to use Makers as that is a bit spicy and "hot", and I like this particular blend to be mellow. Thus the Eagle Rare.

·
2015 4 Runner SR5
3,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #178
Dude. You know if I ever get around New Mexico for work I'm gonna come knocking with some whiskey in hand right? :)

Seriously, sounds like an awesome evening. Here I am in the middle of nowhere Texas.
You are welcome anytime my friend! Starting around this time of year it is perfect, as you sit outside under the stars in the backyard courtyard, the fountain burbling, music from the speaker in the flower beds, favorite drink in hand, lounging on the comfy patio chairs. We may pull the trigger on a $$$ outdoor set that has four rocking chairs and a nice elevated propane fire pit/table. We shall see.

Every tension and crap of the day eases away. We will also be firing up the outdoor movies in about a month or so. 10' screen, kicking sound system. On tap for this Spring/Summer:

Jaws
Star Wars original trilogy
Raiders/Indiana Jones flicks
Old Clint Eastwood westerns (Pale Rider, Good Bad Ugly)
Lost Boys

stuff like that.

161 - 180 of 201 Posts