Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving home and when i got of the highway the car stalled. I could not get the car to idle right. When i got her home i started looking around. What i noticed was the bov was slow to close at idle. As soon as i pulled off the vacuum line off no more problem. The real problem is that i still have the bov vented to atmoshere. I have not had time to modify the pipe from the bov to intake boot. It doesnt fit with my new turbo. What im wondering is the bov supposed to react that slowley to close or is there something wrong with it. I will be sure to put the pipe back on right away.

·
400whp club here I come!!
HT MR2 Turbo
3,546 Posts
Are you using the stock bov or aftermarket? If aftermarket what kind? Make sure all the plugs in your intake piping are tight and that no air is leaking. You might want to put your stock bpv on and see if it runs any better. You have unmetered air leaving the engine... which is why you are having idle problems. You are probably experiencing rough shifts too?

·
Registered
82 Posts
if it is stock it might be "sticking", mine would act up everyonce in a while so I got an aftermarket HKS...hence all after market bovs come with "adjusting bolts and nuts" to adjust the depth at which the "flap or door" opens and closes, basically how much air is released

1 - 3 of 3 Posts