Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Appreciate any comments or suggestions about the options out there for a front end mask/bra for an 04 S.

My car is a week old and I already see some paint chips on the front end. I have never put a mas/bra on a car before and hesitate a bit due to some things I have read about them scratching the surface, etc.

Looking at the Colgan brand, which seems pretty good.

Thanks.

mmcap

·
Registered
170 Posts
mmcap-

I have the Colgan sports bra on my 2000 Camry. I love it. When I looked originally the Colgan was softer on the inside than the Toyota version. It is easier on your paint. Colgan invented the bra for Porche. You can't go wrong with it!

·
Registered
6 Posts
If you're getting it to prevent stone chips, why not go with a product called chipguard? It's a clear 3M film that doesn't hide anything and prevents chips.

·
'10 XRS (05 & 09 XRS RIP)
2010 Corolla XRS
1,570 Posts
I have that on my XRS. I agree it's good...but pretty expensive stuff. It really only acts as a rock deflector replacement and protects only the hood.

If you want your bumper protected too, I think you're stuck with a bra.

·
'10 XRS (05 & 09 XRS RIP)
2010 Corolla XRS
1,570 Posts
A few people have asked me about it. Problem with the tape is that it would bubble/fold when going around complex corners...particularly when the corner changes directions in 3-D.

I was also told by the dealer when they installed that this tape reacts differently when installed on polyurethane as opposed to steel.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts