Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone gotten a warning message on dash about do not press gas and brake at same time. Got random message mainly when trying to accelerate and will not accelerate for a second or two until message clears

·
2018 Camry XSE V6
1,878 Posts
Did you accidentally press both the brake pedal and gas pedal at the same time? We had another thread about this back like a year ago and it was because he/she was pressing on both pedals and didn't notice it until it was pointed out by someone on this forum. If that happens again, safely look at your feet position and make sure you aren't pressing both by accident.

·
2018 Camry XSE V6
1,878 Posts
If you are concerned about it, take it to the dealership, they can pull up the warning history and see what happened. Either a computer glitch, or the brake pedal wasn't released all the way while you were pressing the gas pedal. Brake Fluid? No idea.

·
Registered
94 Posts
fungabriel, I had this problem with our 2018 LE & took it to the selling dealer and asked them directly if they could access a warning history as I was not quick enough to see/read the warning message before it disappeared and they told me NO. Maybe an incompetent/dumb dealer service department, possible here. Would really like to know if a "warning history" is kept somewhere and how to gain access to it. I drive with left foot braking in the city traffic and by removing my left foot from the brake pedal when not actually braking, the warning messages have not come on in about a year now.

lesliepeterson, If you don't brake with your left foot, ask the dealer to check the brake switch/sensor adjustment as it might not be showing "no pedal" when actually you have released the brake pedal.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Could it be a stuck caliper? So the car “thinks” you’re pressing the brake when you’re really not?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
2018 Camry XSE V6
1,878 Posts
The trouble codes and warning lights on the combination meters are stored. The warning notifications ought to be stored as well unless it deletes itself after a week or if its not reoccurring it doesn't store it. I know that the radio/entune stores its own codes because you can see it yourself when you activate the secret menu or diagnostic mode. To access that, turn on the car, hold down the audio button and flip the headlamp switch from off to on 3 times, and then the menu will pop up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts