Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a pristine 92 Corolla. It really was a "Granny go to Church" car. It has 75,000 miles and not a single scratch on it. nIt honestly looks like it just rolled off the lot.
Recently I noticed when I'm driving it the Brake and Battery light come on simultaneously and they fade in and out. Sometimes the lights don't come on at all. The brake pads are good. The reservoir is full and emergency brake is adjusted right. I checked the alternator and It's good also. I'm thinking I have a problem with the two lights because when they come on I can pull on the emergency brake lever and the brake light will get much brighter. The battery light will stay dim. Anyone experience this??

·
The Return of the Red Coupe
2010 RAV4 V6
19,665 Posts
Could be the actual sensor in the brake fluid reservoir, if it's full then chances are it's not reading anymore.

Brake and battery light, we had someone with this problem before and yeah it was the charging system (battery or alternator) take it as "stop your charging system is failing" :lol:

·
iAzn
1988 toyo Corolla DX
1,492 Posts
Yea, alternator.

The AE92 warns you with the brake and battery light on simultaneously when the alternator is on its last leg. It may still work, but it's not providing enough power to power the car and charge the battery at the same time. Eventually soon enough it will leave you stranded unless you take care of it.

If the brake fluid was too low, only the brake light would come on. Mine did that when I had a busted one of the wheel cylinders.

·
Slacker Extrordinaire.
1992 Corolla DLX 4D
173 Posts
change your terminals and clean them..same thing happened to me and the terminals fixed it.

now granted i could only replace the ground terminal because of the positive cables fuse box but i cleaned the shit out of the positive terminal and cleaned both posts and havent had a problem since..

·
The Return of the Red Coupe
2010 RAV4 V6
19,665 Posts
I think we established that about a month ago. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts