Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Go Bolts!
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When we had our '09 Venza in for maintenance 2 months ago we were told the brake booster is failing and needs to be replaced. My wife noticed the brake pedal was stiffer than normal when first starting the vehicle the first time in a day and was fine afterwards and let them know when she brought it in so they could check it out. No issues with any noises or braking. Our dealership said it was still ok to drive but I am concerned. What's worse is the replacement part, Brake Booster part # 44610-0T010, has been on back order. We were originally told our dealer would have it around now - 2 months later - but Toyota Corp called (I have an open case) and informed me it is now delayed until mid-Dec! This is ridiculous as the Venza was made up until 2015 and seems odd they are having difficulties sourcing this.

Any advice would be appreciated. I don't work on vehicles but from what I read this is not an uncommon part. Thanks!

Reactions: AutoMechanic

·
Registered
2004 Toyota Camry, 2017 Toyota Camry, and many many more lol
670 Posts
It’s not uncommon but they have had hard times getting all these parts with everything being shut down and stuff. Maybe you could call another dealership if you have one close and see if they have it in stock and could install it.

·
Super Moderator
1995 T100 2WD & 1993 MR2
6,876 Posts
Find the best price from a Toyota dealer online and order it.
No shortage out west and free shipping from most dealers.
Use an independent or your dealer since they say they couldn't provide one which I find beyond odd!

·
Go Bolts!
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the responses but it is also Toyota Corporate telling me the part is on back order everywhere in the U.S. which is why I have an open case with them to help expedite this. I checked online and with all dealerships in the Tampa Bay area where I live and all told me the same thing, that it's not available and on backorder.

·
Registered
08 Toyota Camry 2AZ-FE R9K Tuned
11,222 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts