Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I'm looking into changing my stock brake calipers to the red color. I just wanted to ask if any of you have done it and if you got it painted, powder coated or bought covers online. Also, which one would you recommend? Has anyone done it in the LA/San Diego area and know someone? Thanks!

·
REV
142 Posts
i just installed my mgp red caliper covers 2 weeks ago on my xse. love them! imo the covers was an easy choice cause i've heard painted ones fade after a few years. with the covers i can keep them for a longer time even if i switch calipers. i installed them myself, it was fairly easy about 1.5hr of labor

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i just installed my mgp red caliper covers 2 weeks ago on my xse. love them! imo the covers was an easy choice cause i've heard painted ones fade after a few years. with the covers i can keep them for a longer time even if i switch calipers. i installed them myself, it was fairly easy about 1.5hr of labor
Do you mind giving the link to the specific one you used? Thanks for the info!

·
REV
142 Posts
Do you mind giving the link to the specific one you used? Thanks for the info!

make sure you get the right one, this one is for a 2019 xse with e brake.

I posted a picture of it after installation in the "what did you do to your Camry" thread.

·
Registered
282 Posts
There was a post a while back someone on here sourced the red camry XP covers from a dealer in Florida, those look so nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
73 Posts
They can only be purchased through a southeastern dealership. I used Toyota of Orlando. One of their parts guys jumped through hoops for me.. only one side comes in the box so you would need to buy 2 front and 2 rear. The part number if I recall is 00016-32089-01 for the front and 00016-32089-02 for the rear.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts