Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
96 Avalon
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
Hears an odd one for u. I have a 96 Avalon with 170000 miles on it. For the last few days while taking a left hand turn my brake light comes on for my parking brake. The first day I checked the brake fluid when i got home and it was a just a little tiny bit over full it dose look kind of old and dark tho. The second day I started trying to see if the parking brake switch was sticking or grounding out some were. The only 2 things I can think of for this problem are out. I drive a lot of back roads and it only comes on while I'm going around a left turn doesn't matter if its short and fast or long and slow(lol). Any way it only stays on for a few short moments and gos out if I go eminently right it will some times go out as soon as the turn starts. Its very odd any suggestions?

·
Administrator
14,394 Posts
There's a float switch in the reservoir. Sometimes it sticks. I once topped off the fluid in my Camry and later had the brake light come on a few times. It went away by itself. Sometimes tapping on the reservoir frees it up.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Dot 3 & 4 are Hygroscopic. This means they absorb water. Water is bad in your brake system. All cars should have their BF replaced as maintenance.
1998 Camry, I4, Auto, 130k. (sent from my Droid Bionic)

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
I don't get it....how does brake fluid effect the light?
If the MC has a float, when the fluid is low the float is low and the sensor sets off the brake light.

1998 Camry, I4, Auto, 130k. (sent from my Droid Bionic)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.