Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

New to these forums, just ran across them because I was trying to find any sort of information online about this problem so here we go. Mechanically I'm pretty solid on cars, I'm PC tech by trade so I'm certain I can do any repair needed, I simplyd dont know where to start.

1993 MR2, non-turbo.

My brake lights (just starting today) will not turn off, they simply stay on regardless of any other factor I can figure out to test them against. They even stay on if the ignition is turned off, key removed.

Parking brake position does not change the status of the lights.

I seem to remember that hitting the brake pedal with the key off would cause the lights to come on so if I'm correct it perhaps having something to do with a sender around the pedal ? Does one exist ?

Are these lights fused ? I lack a repair or owners manual and I only know of two fuse boxes, one under the front hood and one in the engine compartment but I could find no fuses for the rear light clusters. Are they located elsewhere ?

Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.

Final question: Has Hayes or Chilton (or anyone else) written a repair manual covering this car ? I've been unable to locate one.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Heheh,

The thought process of typing that out led me to the solution. There is indeed a sender that cuts the brake lights off when depressed, it is adjustable, adjust sender so that brake pedal depresses it fully when the pedal is released.

Working under the dash of these cars is NOT fun =( but the problem is fixed, off to take some Ibuprofin and sit on a heating pad until my back is unkinked...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts