Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Zzzz
Camry
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to change my pads, 'cause the ones I have on right now are raysbestos, which seem to be complete garbage. I'm thinking of going with KVR's or Hawk's what'd you guys suggest?

I just want some nice bite and good lasting brakes, don't care for ones that don't stop cold well.

Thanks. :)

·
S14 Fever :D
1993 Toyota Scepter
2,456 Posts
How about some Carbon-Metallic pads:thumbup:

·
There is no substitute.
8,027 Posts
Try KVR first, it's cheaper than Hawk's.

I would suggest you do other upgrades instead of just changing pads if you're really anal about it.

·
Banned
4,345 Posts
Aw come on man this was discussed a few nights ago ;)

Hawk HPS with Brembo blank rotors up front, brembo blanks and Akebono ProACT pads in the back.

That's as fast as you're going to stop on stock sized brakes. If you still have a little fade after a few 120-60mph stops, then you're boikling the fluid b/c the bads and rotors can handle it. Swap to an underrated dot4, or any good dot5.1.

You'll have no fade and stop likea mother.

·
Zzzz
Camry
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
EKam said:
Try KVR first, it's cheaper than Hawk's.

I would suggest you do other upgrades instead of just changing pads if you're really anal about it.
eh, my car seems to be having brake troubles (when I hit the brakes, I don't feel the weight shift to the front so much anymore and it's just rather crappy overall, I can't power brake or anything, my car breaks free from my brakes with my brakes fully depressed without even revving high.)

I'm probably going to get some SS braided brake lines, get some dot 5.1 brake fluid and just put the KVR's on for now. My only real 'modifications' that I want to do brake-wise is get some rear discs on here. Gotta start junk-yard hunting for that though. :)

·
Know God. Work Hard.
4Runner
2,194 Posts
I just installed Bosch Ceramic brakes in the front and Semi-Metallic in the rear. Works great so far. No noise and I get a nice stop when I need it.

·
Banned
4,345 Posts
Forget SS brake lines, they're not needed and they're really really not worth it!
I haven't had my brakes hint at fading since I put the Hawk HP pads up front and swapped to a good dot 5.1 fluid. Even from rediculously high slow downs and stops TRYING to get them to fade.

·
No Fat Bitches
2,044 Posts
I just purchased some Axxis Ultimate ceramic pads. I'll give a review once I get off my lazy ass and install them :p:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts