Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Toyota Corolla Hatchback SE CVT
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For starters, my car was built in Tsutsumi, Japan. I found the OEM Toyota brake pads and their part numbers online. I used the part finder application on Akebono's website, and decided to buy the following parts: ACT1210A , ACT1354B. Turns out, nothing fits. The shims for the tabs thinner in width compared to the OEM shims. The OEM backing plate shim is too small for the front akebono pads, and the front pads wont fit into the caliper bracket.

I'm not sure if its because I didn't try harder putting the pads in, or the cars built in Japan uses entirely different brake pads (shape), but I'd appreciate any help I can get!
Product Font Rectangle Material property Screenshot
Rectangle Font Material property Screenshot Parallel

·
Registered
2008 Toyota Camry Base / CE
17,165 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It should fit.

Hmm.. I have until the 18th to return everything to RockAuto... I'll try again hopefully tomorrow, or next weekend. Gotta make sure to take a lot more pics next time.

·
19 Corolla HB SE 6-spd
7,355 Posts
Along with Akebono ACT1184A front pads, these are the better rear brake pads available from Rock Auto for your 2019 Hatchback SE:

AKEBONO ACT1184A Brake Pad | RockAuto $47.79

BENDIX CFC2183 Copper Free; Ceramic; Include Hardware $30.79
BOSCH BC2183 QuietCast; Includes Hardware $29.79
DYNAMIC FRICTION 1551218301 5000 Advanced; Includes Hardware Kit $27.79
POWER STOP 172183 Z17 Evolution Clean Ride Ceramic with Hardware $22.79

2019 TOYOTA COROLLA 2.0L L4 Brake Pad | RockAuto

·
19 Corolla HB SE 6-spd
7,355 Posts
Avoid PowerStop.
Why? I already got a set of POWER STOP 172183 Z17 Evolution Clean Ride Ceramic with Hardware. I just haven't had to replace my rear pads yet... I'm not worried at all though. They should be at least as good as the originals.
Eyewear Headgear Font Rectangle Audio equipment

·
Super Moderator
1995 T100 2WD & 1993 MR2
12,899 Posts
Maybe on the Corolla but on the Toyota trucks the PS pads just don't seem to hold up.
Vehicle weight?

·
Registered
2008 Toyota Camry Base / CE
17,165 Posts
Why? I already got a set of POWER STOP 172183 Z17 Evolution Clean Ride Ceramic with Hardware. I just haven't had to replace them yet... I'm not worried at all though. I'm sure they'll be at least as good as the originals. View attachment 359383
When I had Z23's, the brake bite would vary on the outside weather conditions. If it was hot and dry, I swear I would be foot to the floor. If it is cold and moist, they bit. This got old and dangerous.

I've heard it may help if the brakes were hot beforehand but I am doubtful on this when my foot is pedal on the floor and I barely feel any brake sensation.

Raybesots EHTs has treated be well and bite everytime.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks everyone for the help!! I'll return the ones I bought earlier, and will order the parts invader linked.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Which rear pads are you going with?
I think I'll go with the BENDIX CFC2183 Copper Free. Looks like they use it on certain Lexus vehicles as well. I've had some bad/meh experiences with Bosch (too noisy), and I've never heard of Dynamic Friction. I'll avoid Power Stop due to everyone's experiences with them.

·
Registered
21 Corolla HB, 18 XSE Camry, 17 Rav4 LE AWD
507 Posts
I usually go with Hawk if I have to replace

1 - 16 of 16 Posts