Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
92 corolla
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 93 ES300 my front pads have these two wire springs shaped at a 90 degree angle that seem to keep the pads backed off the disc so they don't drag. It got dark and I lost track of a set of them. Are they kind of important? What are they called and where can I get them?
I also need a new retaining clip, yet schucks.com doesn't show anything but pads.

·
V8'sRGone
95 Cam
1,956 Posts
OEM vs others. . .

Most OEM stuff I've encountered is stainless steel while lesser brands are zinc coated spring steel.

Its worth the trip to the dealer. . . .

Nuts: a sway bar bolt went MIA this past weekend during a rack and pinon remove/intall. Looked way to long only to find it stuck to my jack stand which "I", in all my wisdom, placed a magnet on years ago. :facepalm: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
92 corolla
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
It would be an honor if this thread evolved into the neverending, "stuff I lost and later found in stupid places," thread.

I was in a grocery store when I found them too. Something kept poking my foot so I kept shaking it and stopping to brush my foot... I must have been quite a sight.

I went to the dealer... $40... I don't think so. Nobody knows what they're friggin called either. I tell them pad retaining clips, anti chatter springs, pad mounts, all they can do is point to a picture, what are they formally called?

·
How hard can it be?
1996 Camry LE
1,782 Posts

·
Registered
92 corolla
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
uibalme:
Ah, so ALL those are anti rattle springs. I thought you meant the "L" shaped ones, and that the clips would be called something along the line of, I don't know, pad clips.
Forgot about rockauto... $16 for $.50 of metal.

·
Registered
1998 Camry CE
2,071 Posts
The 8 eight pieces are the brake pad guides, they are stainless, and are fitted to the caliper. Toyota calls it Pad support plate.

L shaped wires are anti rattle springs called anti squeal springs

the 2 pieces are clipped to pad and are the pad wear indicators that make squeal and grinding sound when the pad material wears out

·
Official PITA
Solara 'Vert & ES350
752 Posts
NAPA carries them as part of a kit with a ton of other brake hardware.
Ask me how I know.
Funny, my missing spring also found stuck to sole of my sneakers. They must have a fondness for rubber.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts