Toyota Nation Forum banner

Brake problems

1K views 7 replies 2 participants last post by  ASG14 
#1 ·
Hi,
96 Camry LE 2.2L
Brakes stop well except when coming to a final stop, the pedal seems to drop ever so slightly and sometimes the anti lock activates. Brakes all look good and are ceramics. There is a clicking sound and a "grrr..." noise when the brakes are released , even after a partial brake depression

#2 ·
Spounds liek 2 different issues. The pedal slowly going down is normally a Braker Master Cylinder going bad, and the clicking is normally the abxel/bearing. But can also be something stuck on the brakes.

#3 ·
Thanks for the quick reply. I had one person day this it feels like a bad brake booster another said abs. The master cylinder was replaced already, what do you think
PS: If it would be an axle problem wouldn't I just here clicking upon turning the wheels only?

#4 ·
Yeah, thats why I said maybe something stuck in the brakes. Is it a clicking noise, or more of like something sticking? One of the metal shims on my front left pads is bent, so when I release the brakes, you hear the shim moving, but it's not really a clicking noise per say.

Did you have the master cyl replaced at a shop? Did the issue start then, before, after? Was it from a junkyard or remanufactured?

#5 ·
The master cylinder was replaced because air was getting into the lines but there was no leak. It was a brand new dorman. I had these symptoms before I even put in the master cylinder (I thought this would solve this). The master cylinder was put in by a shop and the mechanic upon driving the car said the brake booster is faulty (which is an expensive repair). But it feels to me like an abs problem.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.