Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it true that Toyota pads will squeak less than aftermarket ones? I've been told by my Toyota dealer that my brakes squeak because of the aftermarket pads and shims that are on my 1998 Camry. They claim the squeaking will stop if I replace them with genuine toyota parts. They want $275 to replace the brake pads and rotors. I can get the brake pads and rotors replaced for $75 less at another shop using non-Toyota parts. Are the Toyota brake pads really the answer to my squeaky brake problem? They have squeaked ever since I replaced the brakes the first time. I don't mind paying more if it will stop this annoying squeak.

·
Premium Member
'96 Camry XLE
11,498 Posts
The problem is not that they are non-toyota parts, it's that they are cheap parts. They say that crap to get your money, which is why I never go to the dealer. I have Performance rotors and pads which the package said may squeek. They don't after 12k miles. Use your mechanic.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.