Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

Any recommendations for new brake rotors & calipers?

I've seen the stuff from Rotara - very nice but ouch, $$ pricey.

Know of anyone else that makes nice (red) calipers? I'm not really up for painted them myself....

Thanks for your advice....

·
400whp club here I come!!
HT MR2 Turbo
3,546 Posts
We were just talking about this a few days ago.....

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/t42114.html

What year 2 are you driving? Basiclly it was concluded that 93+ Turbo brakes were the best for a normal driver. The only reason you would want to go with the Rotora's is if you are going to do some hardcore track driving. You can always pickup some brake paint and do it yourself... otherwise... you will probably pay the big brake price.

Here are some pics:

Stock (painted)
Rotora's

I took those pics at the last SoCal meet. I must admit the Rotora's look bad ass.

If you have 14" Rims you won't be able to fit 93+ brakes... you will need a bigger rim.

·
I hate 5SFEs
1993 MR2 - V6
61 Posts
1993 MR2 Turbo brakes are the best you can get. They will produce better 60-0 times than Rotoras.

Big brakes are really only beneficial if you're tracking your car and need to worry about brake fade from excessive, prolonged braking.

FWIW, I was on a mountain cruise/run with a guy who has Rotora big brakes on his car, and they faded on him (by his account). Big brakes aren't fade-proof. :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Fade typically has nothing to do with the size of brakes, it's your brake fluid that has lost its effectiveness (boiled). This is where you should start your upgrades, fluid, pads, SS lines, then rotors and calipers.

But with the right pads and fluid, you'd be amazed at the difference.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts