Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Jeep Grand Cherokee
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello again i searched and came up with this, is it true on a 96 t100 4x4 extcab 3.4 5speed once the caliper is off and you remove those small nuts off the hub as well as the small bolt in the middle of the cv axle you are able to pry the hub off of the rotor? im doing this job on saturday for my bro inlaw and was under the asumption that maybe there were bolts behind the hub/rotor facing the engine kinda like a fwd car hub is. i started to do this job last saturday and both of us tryed to pry apart but not to crazy in case this wasnt the way to do it. lots of rust on this truck, the front brake line instantly broke when i remove the caliper YIKES.

·
1998 T100 SR5 2WD
14,675 Posts
Got piccies? Post them up so we can see... ;)

Reactions: loads of rust

·
Registered
Jeep Grand Cherokee
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sorry no piccies its not my truck, how about answering my ? ;)

·
Registered
1996 t100 x-cab
153 Posts
I know on the 2wd they are on the back. There not to hard to get off. If you don't have air tools you can put the rotor/hub assembly in a vise. I don't have either so I did what another member said and placed the wheel facing down, put the assembly facing down so that the bolts are facing up and the wheel studs are in the wheel for support. The rotor will need to be pressed out. I used two chisels and went in from opposite sides.

I started to skip this because i was not sure if you where being a di(k to BamZipPow. I choose to not assume. I'll let you clear that up. I hope not, he contributes a lot here.

·
Registered
Jeep Grand Cherokee
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
nope giving the winking eye. internet can be so weird in its way, thanks to both of you for replying

·
Registered
Jeep Grand Cherokee
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i checked out that link that you kindly gave me but it shows manuel locking hubs, same cocept on removing the rotor from the hub by bashing the wheel studs out lol.

·
Registered
1996 t100 x-cab
153 Posts
Also, if your going to get the rotors turned get a price for new rotors. Here it is 20.00 ea. to get them turned and 32.00 for new rotors.

·
Registered
Jeep Grand Cherokee
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
my wife and i bought for him last christmas cross drilled rotors/pads/shoes/after cat exhaust system quiet oem style. oh and a haynes manual which is ok for info but not that good.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts