Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have a 2008 toyota tacoma 4.0L 4x4. I ran into a problem with my calipers sticking so replaced them as well as the brake line hose, went to bleed the entire system and with assistance I found I had no pressure being built for the rear, no steady stream of fluid it just oozed out basically just dripped. Ive tried everything I can think of from manually bleeding with help, to vacuum bleeding as well as your basic gravity bleed. Btw I did have rear brakes before all this went down. Anyone else have this problem, or have any suggestions or tips?

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
How about the single rubber hose connecting the rears to the master being stopped up. Break the line loose before it reaches that rubber hose and try bleeding it there to see if it has the flow you need. That would be my first guess, after that I would look at the abs module if you have one.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haven't tried that yet but I did try bleeding the master cylinder noticed i could get fluid from the hole closest to firewall but not the other.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
If you can't get pressure at the master, then that issue has to be resolved to get pressure elsewhere. Last one I had that would not get pressure to the left front caliper (98 sienna) required a used abs module to get pressure there. Used one cost me 60 bucks out of southern california. New would have cost me more than the vehicle by almost twice the price.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry for late reply but I but Ive been doing some process of elimination. I disconnected both lines leading from master to ABS had someone apply brake and noticed steady stream from hole closest to firewall on the master but nothing from the one closest to battery. Is it possible that the plunger isnt reaching the front of the cylinder in master?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts