Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I have a 4 cyl Gen3 sedan and I'm planning on changing my rotors and brake pads. Would I notice a difference in stopping power if I upgraded it to 6cyl rotors and pads? I do know that I would also need calipers for 6cyl but would I need anything else?

Thanks,

Darwin

·
Registered
163 Posts
hey, check out www.tirerack.com they have some different rotors for your car and u can keep your stock calipers. if you change all the disks and pads to performance ones and also get stainless lines, you'll notice some stopping difference, plus the slotted or drilled rotors look better than the stocks. i plan to change atleast my fronts out when the finally make some drilled rotors cause i like the way those look :D
hope that helps

·
I'm a Mac
DD - 94 Mitsu 3000GT
4,062 Posts
if you want to swap to the v6 brakes, you need calipers(with brackets) pads and rotors... everyhting else is the same... and dont plan on putting the stock 14" wheels on there... 15+ is required

·
Mad Scientist
94 scepter coupe
3,959 Posts
look into a rear disc conversion and you'll get better stopping power also if you don't already have rear discs. if you do then you can either get the big brake kit that uses supra TT rotors and v6 calipers and brackets or you can just get the standard v6 camry setup

1 - 6 of 6 Posts