Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Toyota Camry
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a generation 2 Camry GLI '91. The problem is that the brake warning light goes on as soon as I push the brake pedal for the first time after the car is running.

Fluid levels are ok. If I use the hand brake (located in the central console) the light is lit and shut off when I release it - as it should. But when I use the brake pedal the light turns on and stays on until I stop the engine.

The problem emerged in my car (2.0 GLI '91) after I had a brake fluid pipe changed at my local repairshop. The previous pipe was rusted which caused a leak. But when the pipe was changed and the leak was fixed the brake warning light stayed on. As I said earlier, brake fluid levels are ok.

What to do? It's really irritating to have the brake warning light constantly on...

·
3s-gte in a Camry?!?
'89 Camry Alltrac
9,093 Posts
That warning light is also a rear-bulb warning light. Check all of your rear lights.

-Charlie

·
Registered
592 Posts
Check the rear bulbs like Charlie said, I was driving around with no brake lights for like a month -_-'. The system might also be finicky with different resistances from using different brands of bulbs. Also check your brake switch if the lights look okay.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.