Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sooo, I saw those drilled brembo front brake for my 99 camry. My car has drum brake in the rear. Where can I get the rear drilled brembo brake?? I did the search and I think a lot of people were talking about convert it to disc brake or something, but I couldn't get enough info. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
97 BlackWidowed
camry
626 Posts
you have to convert it to a disk if you want a rear brambo brake. use the search, you will find alot more info about brakes that way

·
Registered
Camry
1,463 Posts
Toysrme said:
Just be sure you learn why drilled brakes are stupid while you search, but it's your car. ;)
I don't know if they are stupid. I think they are round. :D

But seriously, Ferrari and Porsche use them. To really rub a chicken, Ferrari uses Brembo for their brakes.

I would not mind a certain stupid red car.

·
Zzzz
Camry
2,255 Posts
Velox_camry said:
well fyi, x-drilled rotors
tend to crack around the holes on the rotor. after time your rotor basically starts to crumble like a cookie !
that would also be dependent on the quality of the material that the rotor is made of.

Personally, I'm all for blanks but each rotor design has its benefits and flaws. If you want slotted, go for it, but realize that you'll be eating brake pads left and right.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts