Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
92 MR2 Turbo
92 mr2 Turbo
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i need new brakes for the back on my sw2o turbo. I would like to know what brakes you guys are using. i will like to change the plate and leave the calipers stock and only change pads is this a good idea??thx and just in case i have no ABS:lol: :lol: :lol: .

·
92 MR2 Turbo
92 mr2 Turbo
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK i will put the porterfield R4s pads how much will they cost? and i will put some new oem rotors that should stop really good. THX Mr.J&H!! :D .

·
I love Cin
91 Turbo MR2
2,312 Posts
Porterfield R4S pads run about $160-$180 for all 4 corners.
Like I said, they are not cheap and they do dust a lot,
but you would be hard pressed to find a better street pad.

Contact David at twosrus.com, tell him I sent you.
I know he was going to start carrying them, but
I'm not sure if he is yet.

·
3SGTE & 1GRFE
MR2 Turbo, Taco Dcab
793 Posts
also, change your brake fluid. Valvoline Dot3/Dot4 fluid is pretty good and cheap. Motul RBF600 is very very good, but more expensive.

-Mike

·
Registered
500 Posts
The Motul 600 stuff isn't ideal for a street application because it absorbs water really quickly. This is fine if you're bleeding your brake system frequently but if you only do it once a year (or less) like most people than it's a bad idea. If you want a longer lasting high temp brake fluid ATE Blue/Gold is a very good option.

·
92 MR2 Turbo
92 mr2 Turbo
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK thx guys i will do it change the pads and fluid ATE blue/gold ;) .THX!!

·
Registered
500 Posts
Zero turbo said:
OK thx guys i will do it change the pads and fluid ATE blue/gold ;) .THX!!
If you don't track your car I would skip the ATE. In a street application you just never heat your brakes up that much, It's not like you're braking from 130 to 45 for the same corner over and over and over again on the street. :)

Just so you know, it's ATE Blue or ATE Gold. They're the same fluid, just a different color to make bleeding easier.

·
92 MR2 Turbo
92 mr2 Turbo
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Gairloch said:
If you don't track your car I would skip the ATE. In a street application you just never heat your brakes up that much, It's not like you're braking from 130 to 45 for the same corner over and over and over again on the street. :)

Just so you know, it's ATE Blue or ATE Gold. They're the same fluid, just a different color to make bleeding easier.
I will buy the gold one cuz i love GOLD!!:lol: and i rather have a good brake fluid than having a normal one.;) When it comes to safety you can never be to safe.:)

·
3SGTE & 1GRFE
MR2 Turbo, Taco Dcab
793 Posts
if you race, go for the ATE, if you don't, just get the Valvoline. you can get it from just about any parts store. it's $5/quart.

-Mike

1 - 10 of 10 Posts