Toyota Nation Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a problem you fellows might help me with. Got a 1985 Supra, one owner, completely stock. The brakes are locking up without any help from the driver. In other words i can be driving down the street and the brakes will just engage on thier own. The car must be pulled to the side of the road and it takes several minutes for the problem to go away and I can drive off fine. Any suggestions?
Bob

1985 Supra stock
1996 Impala Super Sport many mods
2003 Avalanche North Face Edition stock
1973 455 ci Olds Cutlass 500HP

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
question about my Jap trap

does anybody in this so called forum know the first thing about cars? I asked an actual question about about a supra, now that I know the forum is lame maybe I should take this jap junk to the salvage yard after all, I'm sure it will make some good beer cans.

·
Premium Member
5,005 Posts
sounds like ur brake calipers may be seized....is it the front or rears that is giving u problems??......

·
5M-GE
2,901 Posts
Re: question about my Jap trap

t8turtrader said:
does anybody in this so called forum know the first thing about cars? I asked an actual question about about a supra, now that I know the forum is lame maybe I should take this jap junk to the salvage yard after all, I'm sure it will make some good beer cans.
hm, that kind of attitude won't warrant an answer from me, sorry

i probably would have tried to help, but havent been on in the past little while. your loss :eek::

·
Registered
73 Posts

t8turtrader said:
yea that is pathetic, its not like your paying them to help you....

·
Registered
263 Posts
yea im havin the same problems. i was told rebuilding the calipers is fairly cheap... anybody know anything about tht. am goin to replace the master cylinder and brake booster also. hopin tht works. as long as i am low on fluid it doesnt seize up. but i dont want to run it like tht.

·
The Greatest
3,830 Posts

t8turtrader said:
Wow....You are a fuckin ***.

But if you don't want it. Give it to me. I'll take it.

·
Super Moderator
Supra
3,640 Posts
closed to avoid further flaming...If you really want to seek an answer, wait more than 24 hours before complaining. We're not getting paid for this after all...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.