Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Powder Seeker
2007 Tacoma Double
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just picked up my brand new 2007 Tacoma Double Cab in black. I have driven a 1995 Pathfinder for the last 6 years and racked it up to 386,000 kms. I admit, a tear came to eye when they drove it away, but my heart had been stolen by the Tacoma. These pictures where taken this afternoon right on the lot before I drove it away.

One question though, I could only afford the base double cab and it doesn't come with keyless entry. Viper offers a couple good systems, but is it has power locks already, what is the easiest way to put keyless entry in? I have heard that you only have to attach a module from toyota, but I am not sure.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
183 Posts
I have heard you can add keyless entry but I am not positive it can be done. If so I would imagine the parts from toyota don't come cheap. I would advise you to save up and get an aftermarket alarm (viper is good), you will get many more features and the price shouldn't be too bad. Welcome to TN!

·
Forumatic Immunity!
05 Taco DC LB V6 TRD
3,745 Posts
welcome first of all. nice looking truck.

is it just me, or do you have the bilstein shocks on that base tacoma? I see blue in the wheel wells. i notice things.

·
Registered
232 Posts
docindahouze said:
welcome first of all. nice looking truck.

is it just me, or do you have the bilstein shocks on that base tacoma? I see blue in the wheel wells. i notice things.
I agree. Your base model truck appears to have the TRD Bilstein shocks (?). Very odd....

·
Powder Seeker
2007 Tacoma Double
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, they are blue. I will have to take a closer look at them in the morning when the sun comes up. It is definately the base, no cruise, keyless or nice wheels here yet.

What do you mean, 'empty your wallet'? lol

·
Registered
780 Posts
congrats and welcome! nice truck!

good luck with the keyless....i guess you'll just have to get an aftermarket alarm, that's what i did with my xterra before i got my tacoma. mine wasnt that great, but i had to get the cheaper one (like $250 just for the parts!) if you can, get the toyota parts though....if you can...

·
Registered
839 Posts
I am miffed why your base model truck came with the TRD suspension :confused:

·
Powder Seeker
2007 Tacoma Double
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Perhaps I just got lucky, the truck was stright off the transport yesterday so I know it wasn't modified by the dealer.

Either way I am pretty excited about this truck. I have waited a long time for this and I can't wait to make it exactly as I want it.

If anyone lives in Ontario and mountain bikes or skiis give me a shout.

·
Tragically Hip
342 Posts
Dcaplan said:
Yes, It is definately the base, no cruise, keyless or nice wheels here yet.

What do you mean, 'empty your wallet'? lol
Do a search on the "adding cruise control mod". All you need is the cruise control stock, the rest is plug and play. Nice Taco by the way.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Hans Moleman said:
I am miffed why your base model truck came with the TRD suspension :confused:
I am definitely not miffed. I hope you scored a TRD suspension. Nice truck.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Calculus said:
I am definitely not miffed. I hope you scored a TRD suspension. Nice truck.
me neither, wrong word :eek::

It is actually funny that his came with TRD suspension :lol:

·
Go Sharks!!!
06 tacoma prerunner
1,350 Posts
wow, if yours came with TRD suspension you got a great deal (assuming of course you paid a fair price on a base d-cab). And i also suggest you get an aftermarket alarm system, OEM stuff is always more expensive and Viper offers ALOT of options if you go that route.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I didn't even know you could get the double cab in the base model. Is that a Canadian thing?

·
Powder Seeker
2007 Tacoma Double
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
In Canda the Double Cap 4x4 comes in three models, the base, the SR5 Power Package and the TRD.

The base is fully loaded aside from keyless entry, cruise, sliding read glass and dual vanity mirrors (comes with just the passenger).

It lists for $34,070 cnd and I paid $31,900 after my student rebate and a few other things. (I graudated a few years back so they gave me a $1000 off plus a few more incentives.

First thing I want to get is a tauneu cover (I am thinking one of those ones that looks like a blind and roles up but is made from plastis)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts