Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife told me a friend at work got a call from the local toyota dealership offering a 2009 camry le for around $18k. I checked fitzmall.com and their price was a little less but by the time I had it shipped to new orleans it was about right. I then looked for a used camry online and found nothing under $17,500 and that was with at least 10-20k miles on a 2008-09 model. I have never in my life at age 39 seen a brand new car selling for less than a used one with over 10k miles on it. I understand the used cars may be more negotiable but by the time you pay for the higher interest rate on a used car plus the mileage you actually come out ahead buying new. The lower mileage and priced used cars were also either fleet or rentals I wouldn't want to buy anyway. I would be curious to know if this was common around the U.S. or just one of the oddities of living in south Louisiana. Check out: http://www.fitzmall.com and see if their new 09 camry le's are not cheaper than the used ones in your area.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts