Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is a very broad and general question, but my gen 3, Camry's rear breaks squeak as i brake. It is most evident during the hot, dry summer. Its not the brakes themselves, since its been squeaking even after I replaced them.

·
Registered
210 Posts
mauahauhahu! i had the same problem, replace your brakes with ceramic brakes. they should work perfectly fine. and check to see if ur rotors r uneven, if so...get them machined.

my brakes were squeelin like hell, until i got all of em replaced with ceramic ones. (bosch or akebono...both companys r good). now they r perfect, and cant hear any noise.

·
On The Street
268 Posts
it could also be dust. my cam's brakes used to do that. then me and my dad used this compressed air gun thingy and shot at the brakes and dust came out like crazy. after that my braked didnt squeek anymore.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Alright, I know we got the rotors machined and that didnt help. About the brakes themselves, they are ceramic. Coincidentally, after I made this thread I read another one similar to it. In there, they were saying someting about anit-squeel springs or a anti-squeel oil?

Anyways, thanks for the help people.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts