Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Sorry in advance for any mistakes, this is my first post. I am the proud owner of a 2016 Tacoma 2WD Access Cab V6 AT SR5 that I was considering bringing up to college in Spokane Washington, which sometimes gets a fair amount of snow. Not a ton, sometimes it doesn't snow all winter, but the last couple it has snowed enough to make me a little worried. I was wondering how much I should weigh down the back, if I even should bring it up.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1995 T100 2WD
3,769 Posts
Welcome to the Addiction :)
I bought and lived in Wyoming with my 2wd T100. I put 5 bags of ready mix cemet in hefty trash bags all tapped up so they'd stay dry and stacked them over my rear axle during snow, well basically all winter. Truck rode better and I never got stuck. 2 pretty good winters that way! FWIW!
Are you going to WSU in Pullman?

·
Premium Member
2,218 Posts
The big box home improvement stores also sell sand tubes for this purpose. It's a little more expensive than cement but it comes in a nicer bag that's somewhat weather resistant.

·
Registered
1995 T100 2WD
3,769 Posts
The big box home improvement stores also sell sand tubes for this purpose. It's a little more expensive than cement but it comes in a nicer bag that's somewhat weather resistant.
I like that! Plus if you get stuck you have sand to drive on to get yourself out :)

·
Registered
568 Posts
You'll be fine if you take your time and be smart about it. The extra weight is a good idea. Get some real snow tires too. If you haven't driven in snow much... practice, practice, practice in a deserted parking lot to get a feel for it (safely).

·
7,767 Posts
Go to a junkyard tire place. Buy set of steel wheels for your truck and mount used winter tires on them. In this manner, you:
1. do not spend much money
2. easily mount them as needed
3. don't really have much issues driving on snow or ice and could take that to Snoqualmih or Whistler. For some powder fun.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts