Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I slipped while washing the truck and bent the antenna in the mishap, thus, it broke when I tried to straighten it up.
Since I have to replace the antenna, I thought I would ask if anyone here have experienced any better off brand antenna? Any suggestion?

·
Registered
2005 Toyota Tacoma
232 Posts
I've wanted to get one of these "stubby" replacement antennaes for quite some time. I use Sirius satellite radio and never listen to FM so it would be purely for aesthetic purposes.

http://www.performanceproducts4truc...x?pid=109926&name=Stubbie+Replacement+Antenna

I was going to get the 15" or was it the 21" ??? I can't remember how long stock is but I wanted to go a little shorter. Like something that is close to even with the top of the cab. Probably 21" is close to the cab height. I remember some folks on this forum got these a while back.

·
05 DC TRD Off Road
178 Posts
The Performance Products stubby (21" IIRC) works well for me.

·
2006 SB Dbl Cab V6 Sport
105 Posts
cwhiley said:
I've wanted to get one of these "stubby" replacement antennaes for quite some time. I use Sirius satellite radio and never listen to FM so it would be purely for aesthetic purposes.

http://www.performanceproducts4trucks.com/productpage.aspx?pid=109926&name=Stubbie+Replacement+Antenna

I was going to get the 15" or was it the 21" ??? I can't remember how long stock is but I wanted to go a little shorter. Like something that is close to even with the top of the cab. Probably 21" is close to the cab height. I remember some folks on this forum got these a while back.

The 21" one is right about cab height and is the one I replaced the OEM with.

·
Row Dialin'
2,832 Posts
elwinna said:
Another 21" stubbie here. It sits low enough that I don't scrape my carport with it anymore. Solid antenna!
It's a little too solid. Snapped clean off when it hit a branch. I've got the 0" stubbie going now.

Never listen to the radio anyway. Not sure how I'm going to get that adapter out of there either.

·
Engine 80 is in service
'10 FJ Cruiser 4x4
1,040 Posts
Other than the S2000 antenna... anyone else got one of the REALLY short antennas on their Tacoma? I'm thinking about getting a shorter one. Just don't want to completely lose my FM reception... even though it's only on for Titan's football games, usually.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I noticed something while up in the mountains this past week. If you have an antenna just slightly taller than the cab it works as a great, "Am I going to make it under this tree?" guide! There were trees down all over the place and the antenna really helped, so I didn't have to get out of the truck all the time.

-Barry-

·
Registered
293 Posts
i may switch to a shorter antenna as i noticed the other day while going through the backwoods of socal for work, my antenna was grabbing a lot low branches, kind of annoying.

·
Engine 80 is in service
'10 FJ Cruiser 4x4
1,040 Posts
Figured I'd resurrect this thread to show you guys my $5 solution to the antenna dilemma.

Literally... $5. Advance Auto Parts. It's flexible rubber, and the reception seems better than the stock flagpole. Comes with the adapter you'll need for our trucks.

·
Registered
06 Tacoma Access SR5
462 Posts
Almost shit myself the first time I went through a parking garage with the lift.
The antenna hit on almost ever concrete cross member, not to mention those scary little pipes hanging down.
Come to think of it, I haven't even driven through there with the new 33's yet. :ugh3:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts