Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi people,

I have a 2008 Se.

You know the back cup holder has this thing that keeps cups in place regardless of size.

Well... my wife used my car (only two weeks old...lol... purchased it second hand) and she placed her cup there and when she took off her cup she some how pulled the piece off.

Even though nothing seems broken and I can get it put back, it comes out quiet easy.

I brought it to the dealer and ask them if it is covered under garantee and they told me that their supervisor is not there today and I would have to ask him that question.

I would lke your opinion on this matter. I agree that Force did break it but it was broken by doing what your suppose to do, putting a cup into it.

Thanks.

Josh

·
Official SE member
Camry 2008 SE
478 Posts
i have warranty on my car, but it doesnt say anything about cup holder. i say you call toyota warranty and ask, but im not 100% sure it under warnnty

·
Maven
3,070 Posts
If you bought it two weeks ago, used, from this dealer, then they will likely repair it for you as a courtesy. Parts that are wear and tear normally aren't covered under the 36/36 warranty if it still applies. Saying that the cup holder is a wear and tear item might be a stretch, but that's wahat warranties sometimes do. Beyond that, I doubt it is particularly expensive. You can find the part and price on line through a number of dealers. Here is a point to start:

http://www.toyotapartsales.com/partlocator/index.cfm?siteid=214074

$27.75

·
Registered
8,415 Posts
Bring it back, everything is under warranty for the first 3 years.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
tHANKS for the responses.

I purchased the car on Craigslist from a person. BUT i do have an extended gaurantee for 7 years 75K miles.

Car currently has 37.5K miles.

I will arguee my best... THANKS.

Will probably threaten to post REALLY BAD REVIEW of the dealership if they do not Fix it, I have some amo...lol.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
6,165 Posts
^ IMHO, I would just ask the dealer for some help and not get too carried away with arguing, since gdanaher showed you where you can get a replacement for $27.75. Save the arguing and threats of posting a bad review for something that may go wrong and that's really expensive.

Mike

·
Maven
3,070 Posts
Your budget may not look like my budget, but if I figure my hourly rate when time is lost, $30 is lost in the travel time to the dealer. Forget the return home or the time wasted at their store. If it were me, I'd order one and be done with it. That warranty will come in handy when the transmission falls out and you REALLY need some help. Try:
[email protected]

He posts here, ships parts inexpensively and is fast.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts