Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
NY
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody. A month or 2 ago a deer decided to run into my car requiring me to get a new front bumper. The impact from him actually totally shattered the mounting bracket for the driverside headlight (the headlight itself is fine). I'm wondering if I can purchase just the bracket w/o having to get a new headlight.

Thanks for the help!

BTW this is the piece I mean.

·
Registered
camry
60 Posts
lol i like how the deer ran INTO your car :D
but i dont think you can buy those separately, they're actually bolted on to the headlight fixture irreversably (or it seemed that way when i replaced mine with the halo lights) but reguler headlights are not that expensive from ebay, about 40 bucks australian if i remember correctly.

·
Registered
NY
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol i like how the deer ran INTO your car :D
but i dont think you can buy those separately, they're actually bolted on to the headlight fixture irreversably (or it seemed that way when i replaced mine with the halo lights) but reguler headlights are not that expensive from ebay, about 40 bucks australian if i remember correctly.
lol he did run into my car!!

Okay that's what I figured, kinda sucks but oh well. I was thinking of buying some projectors and some HID's but IDK, it might be too much $$. Any thoughts on that?

·
Registered
camry
60 Posts

·
Lost to follow up!
96 Camry Coupes
12,154 Posts
Start a thread in "wanted to buy" I'm sure someone has an extra headlight laying around they'll sell ya cheap!

Now that I think about it, I think I do! I'll look and let ya know!

·
Registered
camry
60 Posts
ooo sorry bout that from the top veiw your light looked like it belonged to a gen4, my bad. You can find silver ones on the net just google it, ive found some before for gen 4, im sure they make them for your year as well

·
D.I.Y.'er since 2004
2000 Camry LE
227 Posts
I know for my gen 4.5 the brackets come off with a few screws/clips easily. If you can take off the brackets for yours, go to a junkyard/pick-a-part place, somewhere you can go and do the labor of removal yourself, and just take the brackets w/o the whole headlight. Might be able to negotiate a really cheap price for just the brackets.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts