Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Long time lurker, first time poster.

I recently damaged my passenger side mirror by backing up into my garage door track. The passenger side mirror is still attached and the electronics are still working. However, the part that connects the mirror housing to the door panel cracked and shattered.

I looked online on a few parts sites but only see parts for the entire assembly. Do any of you know if I can just purchase the plastic part that I broke? I've attached pictures.

Thanks for your time.

Hood Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Azure

Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Water

·
Camry Freak
Camry & Accord
2,555 Posts
It looks like you have to buy the entire outside assembly- but not all of the interior bits. For models without the fancy electronics, they retail for $200. For models with blind spot monitoring, it seems like they are retail for $368. For models with blind spot monitoring and the surround view, it seems like it retails for an eye-watering $928. Online prices are slightly cheaper. I looked up the 2018 Camry model... if you have a 2019, 2020, 2021 or 2022- the part numbers and prices might be slightly different. Toyota often updates random parts from year-to-year... so even if they look the same on the outside it might be a different part number. XLE and XSE models have tons of nice features- but they cost a fortune to replace... if you own an XLE or XSE don't look up the price of a replacement headlight... as it will likely shock you... lol.

It' probably best to call your dealer with your VIN and have them tell you the specific part number that is needed for your vehicle.

Just as an FYI, it's useful if you mention your year/make/model and even option packages when you post questions like this- just so that people can offer you more specific guidance. Lots of people put that info in their signature or below their profile image. You can adjust it by going into your account settings.

Good luck.

·
Registered
195 Posts
We busted the mirror - and ONLY the mirror - on a Mazda we owned years ago (the rest of the unit was fully intact and operational). Looking at the mirror assembly, we easily could've glued a new mirror in without any trouble, but there was no listing for that part. Had to order a $250 mirror assembly to fix a $5 broken mirror.

The sad part is they do stupid stuff like this and try to tell us it's progress. But I digress...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for they replies. I thought I included the model and year-- it's a 2019 Camry SE without the blind spot monitors, so thankfully I guess it won't be too expensive. I'll call my dealership tomorrow. Thanks again!

·
Registered
2008 Toyota Camry Base / CE
17,428 Posts
We busted the mirror - and ONLY the mirror - on a Mazda we owned years ago (the rest of the unit was fully intact and operational). Looking at the mirror assembly, we easily could've glued a new mirror in without any trouble, but there was no listing for that part. Had to order a $250 mirror assembly to fix a $5 broken mirror.

The sad part is they do stupid stuff like this and try to tell us it's progress. But I digress...
The mirror itself can be replaced on certain models. Whether that means glued on or snapped in.

·
Registered
2020 Camry SE Nightshade
102 Posts
Try Ebay, you might be able to find one for much less than the stealership.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I looked online on a couple of parts locales yet just see parts for the whole get together. Can any of you say whether I can simply buy the plastic part that I broke? I've joined pictures.

A debt of gratitude is in order for your time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts