Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son recently stepped on the rear cupholder in my 1997 camry.. Was wondering if you can just buy the part or if I'd have to buy the whole console? Thanks...

·
Moving Forward
3,144 Posts
should be able to buy jsut he cuphoder. You will probably have to remove the console to replace it though. It is probably attached with screws that are in the console.

·
Gen 4 XLE v6
02 Toy Solara V6 MT
3,192 Posts
I've done it myself. there are two screws in the center console, then when you remove that it comes off, a easy thing..and you will be able to replace just the cupholder after that.

·
Moving Forward
3,144 Posts
Yeah the screws that jhbhatia mentions to remove the console are usually under the felt padding in the bottom of the console. Unless your has already been removed. Take these two out and pull up and back on the console. Once you get it out you will ahve better idea of how to go about replacing the cup holder.

·
Premium Member
'96 Camry XLE
11,246 Posts
Best bet is to get it from a junyard if possible. A piece like that may cost some $$$$ from the dealer. You can check out www.car-part.com .

·
Gen 4 XLE v6
02 Toy Solara V6 MT
3,192 Posts
PS: My nephew broke my gen4 cupholder as well. I have a light brown interior. I got a gray cupholder from a member here for $20+5 bucks shipping a while back. Yes the color is off, but i couldn't resist the price. At junkyards they are more like 65!

·
Registered
99 Camry LE
180 Posts
^^^That's still a lot for a cupholder. eBay might have the cupholder. Let me know if you find anything, mine is broken as well.

·
Gen 4 XLE v6
02 Toy Solara V6 MT
3,192 Posts
99camryLE said:
^^^That's still a lot for a cupholder. eBay might have the cupholder. Let me know if you find anything, mine is broken as well.
I did an active search of ebay for one full trailing year. When the $20 deal came along i jumped on this (this was about a year and half ago tho). If the prices have come down..i can't tell. I was just helping the dude with my personal experience pricing! If you can get him something cheaper or have a source then list, on ebay currently all i saw was $39 for one with a scratch and internal mechanism broken! :rolleyes:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts