Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tolerances on 2015 tacoma trd prerunner rotors is 26mm-28mm. thats 2mm of tolerance. Dont waste your time and money turning brakes. Typical brake turn removes .15-.20 of an inch/ .384mm- .5mm per side, so thats .762-1.0mm when turned at best after wear. that leaves less than 1mm of wear after turning.
I actually filed a NHTSA complaint a few years ago because the rotors that parts warehouses were selling from fn China were at minimum spec so as soon as they were used they were below spec.
I just put on some Awsome rotors from Carquest they were also powder coated for salt conditions they were new and at 28.1+ thank you carquest. I had to do this in a parking lot 2000 miles from home on a sunday because everthing was closed i needed to leave that day.
The old rotors that were turned before my trip were at min. spec and warped and created the steering wheel death wobble, To the point it could not be driven safely, or without ruining something else, including me.

·
Premium Member
05 Tacoma 4x4 DC LB
14,078 Posts
Never turned my rotors because they’ve remained even since day 1. Still on the originals after 222K miles with 1 mm above minimum. OEM FTW!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Never turned my rotors because they’ve remained even since day 1. Still on the originals after 222K miles with 1 mm above minimum. OEM FTW!
Newer trucks have the issues, 70k on first set no problem second set of toyota rotor and TRD pads warped in 10k miles.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts