Toyota Nation Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
This thread is 4 years old, but I assume you are referring to the System Check the car does on startup. It lasts until the Multi-information display on the dash indicates it is complete - a matter of a few seconds only.

Robert N.
I mean how long you solve this problem for the bsm not working .
thank you

·
Registered
916 Posts
I mean how long you solve this problem for the bsm not working .
thank you
I am not sure that I understand your question. My post that you are referencing was written more than 6 years ago. I had the BSM problem only 2 or 3 times in 2013 and never again after I started to wait for the System Check to complete. In other words the BSM problem was temporary in 2013 and has not recurred in the many years since I found the apparent cause.

Robert N.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Hi, my Toyota invoice description shows as sonar in the part description
I don't know about the Camry, but in the Avalon, the detector uses radar. Here is a description copied and pasted from the 2014 Avalon E-Brochure

Blind Spot Monitor (BSM) with Rear Cross-Traffic Alert (RCTA)5 The available Blind Spot Monitor (BSM) with Rear Cross-Traffic Alert (RCTA) uses radar technology to help you identify vehicles that may not be visible when changing lanes or when backing out of the driveway. When a vehicle is detected, the system illuminates a warning indicator on the appropriate sideview mirror, and RCTA also makes an audible warning so you know to proceed with care.

Robert N.

·
PJSMITH
1,539 Posts
when you start the car count to 5. there are forces out there that have to calibrate and "turn on"
Also
Both are relective responses, but,
Sonar is sound in water
Radar is radio waves in air (atmosphere)

21 - 25 of 25 Posts