Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. My name is Kenny G, as the username would suggest. Though I like to think I have more soul in my pinky then that curly haired sax player has in his whole body ;)
I recenetly bought a 1969 Corona for a song and dance, as I'm the 3rd titled owner and the 2nd owner is a mechanic buddy of mine, who replaced anything that he could find parts for :thumbup: Aside from one missing chrome trim piece, a little surface rust and one rusted out 1/4 panel (actually a section 4x6 inches), the car is 100% straight. As for mods, the car is currentely sitting about 3 inches closer to the ground in front, thanks to modified (plasma cutter anyone?) truck springs.
While new to Toyota (kinda.. more in a bit), I'm not new to the tuning/modifying/racing scene. I have one of only 5-6 modified VW Fox's in the U.S., this silly Corona, an '80 VW Rabbit pick-up, '90 Audi V8 Quattro, '93 Mercury Capri XR2, LoCost Super Seven (4AGE powered) and one, ripe for the parting, RWD Corolla GTS.
Aside from the part's Corolla, every car has been modified to some extent; 3 motor swaps, one helluva big turbo/FMIC upgrade, 6 sport/race suspensions, big brake upgrades, blah, blah...
I've competed in countless local SCCA autocrosses and have a 2nd place finish for the '02 season, in an '84 GTI that I co-drove/built with my roommate.

I'd like to build the Corona into a streetable, track day car and with the extra Corolla taking up space, I shouldn't have a problem finding some of the fun parts ;)

Anyway, as I've just stumbled across this forum, I'm going to take a backseat, do some reading, use the search and try to come off like I'm not a newbie.

A shot of my Fox's wheel and the truck carrying last spring's BBQ keg. More pictures to come.

·
S14 Fever :D
1993 Toyota Scepter
2,456 Posts
Welcome to TN:) We need pics of the Corona

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the welcome. While not my car exactly, I found these two on a friends server.
Stock:

And after a little photoshop madness:

Aside from the suicide rear doors, this is what I'm hoping it will look like when I'm done.

·
Registered
28 Posts
not to flame but.... an old school datsun 510 wouldda been a better choice for what your describing to do. or put the ae86 motor in the corona nice........

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
true a dime would have been a better choice but the Corona was priced right, relatively clean and sillier looking then the 510. The Corolla donor was bought as a running example for the 7 build up, so it's purchase price has already been written off and it's taking up space.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts