Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an 03 prerunner ex. cab and i was wonder what yall would think if it would look better with or without a bug deflector, cause i was thinkin about puting one on.

·
Registered
2002 toyota Tacoma
906 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
I have a dark tinted one.To me it looks strange with out one after seeing mine all the time.It dose help deflect rocks and bugs and no drilling to install it.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I personally don't like the way they look. I also tried the clearbra, and I wouldn't waste my time. I put it on and its pretty clear but the edge of it is very visible. Plus I thought somehow I trapped some water under it and it was rusting. When I pulled it up it turned out to be dirt of some sort so I ruined it for nothing. I plan on just getting rock chips and repainting the hood when it needs it. But its your truck so do what you think is best.

·
trd04taco
2004 Tacoma 4WD TRD
476 Posts
Personally I like mine naked. I don't like the "tack-on" type of mods such as window visors or bug guards.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have a dark tinted one from Pepboys on my Tacoma and on my Trailblazer.

It doesn't look bad, but they are not effective past 45mph. They flop around a little if you move at high speeds.

·
Registered
2003 Tacoma
113 Posts
My truck had one on it when I bought it and I think that it looks good I have personalized mine to my own personalityyou can see it below.

·
Registered
09 Corolla Matrix
665 Posts
Just reviving this thread to see if anyone has suggestions. I just re-installed my bug deflector for the hell of it. I'm not happy with having to slam the hood to get it to shut.

Do you have any problem closing the hood? Is there a way to adjust the latch a little to help it? Otherwise I will tear it off again and let it sit at the bottom of my garden with my other junk.....

·
Registered
09 Corolla Matrix
665 Posts
I checked in the fsm and it looks like I can loosen the 3 screws on the latch and adjust up down right or left.....I'll try it tomorrow

·
Registered
2002 toyota Tacoma
906 Posts
I have never had any problems with shutting my hood of corse I use the toyota brand whichis bug deflector brand. wonder why it is causing you problems?

Lance

·
Registered
09 Corolla Matrix
665 Posts
Mine is a Wade, it has 4 bits that wraps under the hood - I loosened the screws on the latch tried to budge it up a bit and sprayed a little white lithium grease on it, plus adjusted the rubber buffers on each side - now it seems to be ok - just need to drop the hood from about 1' and it is shutting nice now. Thanks

1 - 14 of 14 Posts