Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my 06 DC TRD Offroad 4x4 last Friday!! Love it! Great Truck! Does anyone know what bulbs I need to change out the headlight and front fog light bulbs? The owners manual shows HB2 for the headlights and H10 for the fof lights..WTF? The fog looks like a 9005/9006 and the picture in the owners manual of the headlight bulb looks like a H4. Can anyone tell me which bulbs that I need? I also need feedback on which bulbs to buy. I think I want the PIAA Xtreme White Plus. Anybody?:whatwhat:

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
headlights are H4
and the Fog lights can use 9005
I have been using 9005 in my XR for a year now..no problems..Plus ALOT more out tehre ..its hard to find those h10

·
My name is Blake
Toyota Tacoma
4,913 Posts
05XRunner said:
headlights are H4
and the Fog lights can use 9005
I have been using 9005 in my XR for a year now..no problems..Plus ALOT more out tehre ..its hard to find those h10
I agree.

I have H4s and 9005s as well.

7 months no problems. I got them from eBay too. $16 bux all together. Xenon-like.

·
Row Dialin'
2,832 Posts
wilddawg said:
Just got my 06 DC TRD Offroad 4x4 last Friday!! Love it! Great Truck! Does anyone know what bulbs I need to change out the headlight and front fog light bulbs? The owners manual shows HB2 for the headlights and H10 for the fof lights..WTF? The fog looks like a 9005/9006 and the picture in the owners manual of the headlight bulb looks like a H4. Can anyone tell me which bulbs that I need? I also need feedback on which bulbs to buy. I think I want the PIAA Xtreme White Plus. Anybody?:whatwhat:
If you want PIAA brand fogs, you'll need to go with the HB size bulbs.

H4 is the right size PIAA's for the headlights.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Yea I got my headlights and fogs off ebay.
was like 30bucks shipped for both and its been a year and still work fine. Def got my money worth already

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the info!! What's the difference between using 9005 and 9006 bulbs? And what is so special about the H10? Does changing the bulbs REALLY make a difference? Are they alot brighter or just a small change in brightness? Man I love this truck!!!

·
Registered
46 Posts
The only reason by I won't use the 9005/9006 is that I'm afraid of melting my fogs and my wiring harness because of the higher wattage... So I stuck with the h10's..

·
Stupid is stupid does
2008 tundra
5,554 Posts

1 - 9 of 9 Posts