Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello can someone here helpa noob out please, i've been reading the forums here, and i know that the headlight bulbs are h11's, but i can't seem to find reference to the foglights on a camry gen 6 se v6... to upgrade the oem bulbs in the oem housing... i just need the type of bulb that goes in the oem foglight housing... and no, i am not going HID on the foglights... maybe someone can suggest what i should get for the fogs, ie: like i know 3000K but should i get yellow? or white" fogs? i do have a ribbon blue gen 6 se v6... if that makes a diffence... thanx y'all a whole bunch for your help :)

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
damn noobs... they're everywhere!:disappoin

haha, j/k man:lol: but seriously, the closest and easiest to get to source of this kind of information is your manual! and personally, i would go for the white bulbs... i'm not a fan of yellow foglights, but to each their own.

·
Millions &millions served
2013 Camry SE
8,078 Posts
per owners manual: "Do not try to replace the front fog, front turn signal/parking, front side marker, tail or back-up light bulbs by yourself. You may damage the vehicle."

what?!?

·
Registered
'07 XLE 4 cyl.
6,123 Posts
Camread said:
per owners manual: "Do not try to replace the front fog, front turn signal/parking, front side marker, tail or back-up light bulbs by yourself. You may damage the vehicle."

what?!?
You might if you don't know what you are doing except for the fogs which are easy.

Bumpers have to come off for the rest, I believe.

·
Millions &millions served
2013 Camry SE
8,078 Posts
oh i didn't know about the bumper, i thought the fogs would be harder than the other ones. good thing these last a long time. why do you have to remove bumper for front signals? its right next to the low beams.....

·
ASE Master Technician
2006 Lexus GS430
2,396 Posts
You can reach through the wheel wells to get the siganals, After removing the one clip that holds the splash shield in place

·
=]
nasa space shuttle
3,690 Posts
WAIT! so you have to remove the bumper to get to the fogs ? its not like the gen 5 where you just take the bottom cover off ?

·
Registered
'07 XLE 4 cyl.
6,123 Posts
CamrySExxx said:
WAIT! so you have to remove the bumper to get to the fogs ? its not like the gen 5 where you just take the bottom cover off ?
Yes, just remove engine under covers.

·
=]
nasa space shuttle
3,690 Posts
^ oh ok thought so.. i thought they said the bumper had to be removed, that basically stopped me from ordering new fog bulbs but now ill go through with it ...

you know how much harder it is with the SE considering it has the ground effects lip thing

1 - 10 of 10 Posts