Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Traitor
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2005 Tacoma X-Runner
9,188 Posts
I wouldn't spend the money on those. Get some Image Dynamics IDQ10s a small sealed box and a decent amp. Also check out www.carreview.com for reviews on subs. You'll notice there aren't any reviews at all for those subs, and any of that company's subs at all for that matter. The IDQ subs are about 150 bucks on ebay. You can pick up a decent kenwood amp pretty cheap.

·
Traitor
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
thanks for the input ill check it out...anybody else got any ideas?

i was also looking at 2 10" alpine type e's and a sub but i dont know about that either they were around $130 for a pair...i know alpine is a trusted brand...anybody else got any ideas?

·
Registered
392 Posts
:lol: I think the bandpass box is worth more than the subs.:lol: If you are looking for subs you can find 2 subs with 250 rms easily within $100 range. Buy a sealed box for $60 bucks and amp for about $200. I think there is a guy on here who makes and sells boxes on this forum. Also check www.sounddomain.com. It has very good selection of audio equipment. Yoou can compare the equipment then try to find the best price and get a chance to hear them at a shop. Good luck!!

·
Got SQ?
780 Posts
You can buy used stuff, I have quite a bit in my garage :p: A single 12 and 400 watt amp with do the job though.

·
Traitor
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)

·
Traitor
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
mauibuilt59 said:
That would work, although i would get a 2-channel amp and bridge it to that sub.
do you get more power to the sub that way?

·
Grenaded piston
6,580 Posts
^ Depends on the amp.

However a 2 channel amp will offer you more flexibility over a mono amp.

You can use it to drive other speakers besides subs, since theres 2 channels.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts