Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
earth_grinder
1992 Corolla
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2006 Camry w/2.4 engine with about 50k on the odometer. When I apply the brakes and come to a stop I feel a bump/klunk through the steering wheel and again when I go to start moving again. It happens almost every time I stop and start. Do I look for a brake issue or possibly a motor/transmission mount. Hoping someone else on here has experience this to help me pinpoint the problem area.

·
Goes Against The Grain
02 Camry SE V6
18,081 Posts
do a search i can't remember the thread title off hand. But TRD VVTi did a thread about this topic and how to resolve the issue. If i come across it i'll post it for you.

·
earth_grinder
1992 Corolla
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, only when stopping and starting. Seems like something shifts one way when stopping and the other way when starting. Something was mentioned about brake pads shifting. Is this a possibility? My wife says she can actually hear it. My hearing is not good, so I can only feel it.

·
earth_grinder
1992 Corolla
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Now that I am paying more attention to the noise, I do notice that once in a while I hear/feel it when turning the the steering wheel. If it is the intermediate shaft, should this be an immediate concern or is it only an annoying thing? I really do appreciate all the input. It really helps me pinpoint the areas I need to check!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have an 03 Camry XLE with 96,000 miles. The steering wheel squeaks and clicks when turning it at low speeds-I have not heard it above 10 mph. I am told I need a new steering shaft at $1736.00. Is it a danger? Is it covered under some kind of a recall? Does this repair cost seem reasonable?

·
vvti
388 Posts
I have an 03 Camry XLE with 96,000 miles. The steering wheel squeaks and clicks when turning it at low speeds-I have not heard it above 10 mph. I am told I need a new steering shaft at $1736.00. Is it a danger? Is it covered under some kind of a recall? Does this repair cost seem reasonable?
are you serious on that price? where did you get your quote? :headbang:
if i can remember when the dealer change my intermediate shaft and saw the reciept its was like under $200 (don't remember it anymore but it something like that). are you hearing it while in stop and turning the steering wheel or like making a u-turn and you hear ticking sound.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts