Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
back again? yeah, i am.
1992 Toyota Camry
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
k...i searched for this and found nothing....basically...i only want the side marker light to come on only when the parking lights are on...how can i do this?...is it illegal cus i wanna put a blue bulb in there

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
what do you mean by " parking light " ?

you can wire anything to anything. a friend of mines wired beer to shoot out to him by making wires connecting the windsheld washers to the trunk and now when he cleans his windows he gets beer in the car as well.

·
Auto-Cross Addict
3,837 Posts
Bumper Lights (Translation into proper terminology) = Turn Signals.

By parking lights do you mean the reverse lights?

And like he said, anything can be done with wiring.

·
Registered
23 Posts
"what do you mean by " parking light " ?"

you can wire anything to anything. a friend of mines wired beer to shoot out to him by making wires connecting the windsheld washers to the trunk and now when he cleans his windows he gets beer in the car as well.

park lights are the 2 clear lights (next to the headlights) and 2 red ones at the rear... (rear park lights look similar to when you're braking but dimmer, they turn off when you break).

*edit* these come on when you switch the lights on to the first position. They also stay on when you switch the lights to the second position. (on the indicator stalk)

·
96 3MZ M/T
Camry
2,879 Posts
short answer no, when you switch them fully on then lines for the parking are still crossed.

long answer yes, you have to rewire the switch it self ... by that cut the contacts in side the switch so the when in the full on mode the parking wount be on .... now you also will have to rewire the back light to the full on so they will only turn on and not the front lights ... in my oppion not worth it ... that switch is hell to take apart it's ALOT easier to cut the lines to it and wire them up to a switch.

·
back again? yeah, i am.
1992 Toyota Camry
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
im not talking about turn signals...the "side markers", the lights next to the front turn signals...they come on both when you turn your parking and headlights on...i want to kno if i cut one of the wires going to the side marker bulb if it will stop lighting up when i have the headlights on

·
Lives For The Curves
93 Camry
1,546 Posts
Yo, it's not that hard to understand what he wants. When the light switch is in the middle (the mark that looks like - ) he wants to have sidemarkers and corner lights on, like it is now. But when he turns it all the way for the headlights to be on, he wants the sidemarker (The orange one that doesn't blink) to turn off. I don't know how to do it though.

·
96 3MZ M/T
Camry
2,879 Posts
^ FORGOT ABOUT THAT!:hammer: yes, you hook the lights up to a relay that closed when not voltage is applyied, and open when you apply voltage and to apply the voltage you hook the line from the headlights being on to open the relay. oh and they wount be power for the lights unless the parking lights are on.

·
Auto-Cross Addict
3,837 Posts
big_p31 said:
im not talking about turn signals...the "side markers", the lights next to the front turn signals...they come on both when you turn your parking and headlights on...i want to kno if i cut one of the wires going to the side marker bulb if it will stop lighting up when i have the headlights on
It is still part of the turn signal set-up...

To do that you will have to get an all new switch for your lights. And you'll have to do some major cross wiring along with setting up a relay to make them change for you. That's going to be a bitch to do.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts