Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
TN's furry friend
1995 Toyota Camry LE
4,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i already put in mesh in the bumper part awhile back, used some gutter guard that came silverish/chromish. was wondering if i should paint it phantom black

so paint or no paint?

·
Gen 4 XLE v6
02 Toy Solara V6 MT
3,192 Posts
Ensuring that you took the right steps to make sure that it doesn't rust as well..cus' those things rust and you don't want a BROWN mesh...i'd say a can of black rustoleum would be fine.

·
TN's furry friend
1995 Toyota Camry LE
4,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ive had it on for awhile and its been through some rain, hasnt rusted over yet so thats a plus

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
well i think the choice of silver or black depends on your car color. like me for instance i have a beige camry i think either one would look good on it.

If you want your grill to be noticeable leave it silver.

Are there other mesh forms you can get aside from rain gutter?

·
TN's furry friend
1995 Toyota Camry LE
4,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
bowlofturtle said:
well i think the choice of silver or black depends on your car color. like me for instance i have a beige camry i think either one would look good on it.

If you want your grill to be noticeable leave it silver.

Are there other mesh forms you can get aside from rain gutter?
chicken wire? (please dont) or buy the real stuff. you could also walk around a hardware store and look for material.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
thats what i've been doing. like at places like home depot but a name of a what kind of mesh would be better so i can go around asking for " rain gutter and stuff close to it" for example.?

just saw your cardomain link. the grill right there is nice. i think black might look a little better. cause your grill is kinda chromish.

·
TN's furry friend
1995 Toyota Camry LE
4,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yea i painted it black in the grill part, you cant even tell its there after that....so im going back to the original color it came as, bare silver metal :)

·
Auto-Cross Addict
3,837 Posts
If it's silver, it's going to stick out a lot, but it will look really our og place with the color of your car.

Black will hide it nicely. And depending on what paint you use, you might not even notice it. Some black paints show more than others. I'd get something with a gloss.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts