Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my mom's front bumper is ruined for the 2nd time. We don't want to spend over $1000 to get this fixed. What is the cheapest way? Is it possible to do this ourselves? Can you buy pre-painted bumpers?
(gold)

·
93 240sx SR Hatch
1999 Solara
6,575 Posts
try ebay for an oem bumper that came off another tan car- I bought a tan one for my gen 3 on ebay for $100 shipped and had it painted. The paint may not match perfectly, but with the oem one you will know it will fit perfectly and hold up nice as well.

As for swapping the bumpers, its a piece of cake, it can just be time consuming:cool: good luck!

Damon

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm seeing a bunch of them on ebay, unpainted for about 70-100, and one saying they will paint it to my vehicle's color for a little under 300

how do i install the bumper myself? clip in? bolt in?

·
Registered
34 Posts
you didnt say which year.. so i'll assume it's a 97 or similar body style. 52119-aa901 is the toyota PN. it lists for $256.91 and it comes unpainted.

it's secured by bolts.

·
93 240sx SR Hatch
1999 Solara
6,575 Posts
^ good info, you will most likely find that this will cost a lot more form a dealer than from ebay. I would go with an oem one though personally, the quality is better than the ebay knockoff ones

·
Registered
34 Posts
the toyota part number you need varies depending on your production date. without asking for your VIN i'll give you both options.

7/96 through 8/99 gets 52119-aa901.

8/99-7/01 gets PN: 52119-aa902. it sells for $277.83

also, for the paint. you'll need your paint code off of the vehicle to accurately (and to keep your parts associate sane :) ) find your paint.

there is a sticker on the door sill, or door edge itsself. on the sticker is the vehicles gross weight, production date, and other information that means nothing to normal individuals. however located down in the lower left hand corner of this sticker is the C/TR digits. C is your color trim and has 3 digits to follow. (example: 4q2, 1b9, yadda yadda yadda) 4's are usually gold or sand, 1's are silvers, 8's are blues, 0's are white.. so on and so forth. you'll want the first 3 digits (which in your case is probably 4q2 but double check me to be sure).

for any of those interested who dont already know, the last 4 digits of that number the 'TR' or trim number, is the interior trim code. FA14, FA13, etc.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
..so what is wrong with the bumper i listed above?
Could I just take it to some paint place with my paint code and have them paint it? Then install it myself?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Techun said:
..so what is wrong with the bumper i listed above?
Could I just take it to some paint place with my paint code and have them paint it? Then install it myself?
i can't speak for the bumper above because it's not my inventory. maybe it's perfect and as good as the stuff toyota sells, maybe it's shit and barely fits, and once on the vehicle looks like it barely fits. i really can't say.

but yes.. you can have a body shop spray the bumper and you can install it yourself. however be sure and account for any fade that the paint may have suffered over time. make sure the body shop knows their stuff and can make the panels match. :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
'96 Camry XLE
11,246 Posts
^ I'd say the same.

Also, I only go with Used or New OEM Toyota parts as to quality. Except for a few things. I try not to go aftermarket for anything, as to quality. Plus I personally get 20-35% off all parts/acessories at my local dealer, haha. So that helps. :)

·
mixed bag 'o vehicles
2,862 Posts
have you checked out the local junk yards? what, there are only about a billion camrys running around. maybe youll get lucky and find a wrecked camry in your color with a good front bumper.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think we're going to check a junkyard (if we can find one, anyone know of one near Lancaster PA?) and then if that fails we just go to a dealer and ask to buy one?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
when i go to a junkyard...how does it work? Do i need to remove it myself...What years or styles will work for my car?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts