Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a T100 with 181K miles. I am experiencing s shudder when applying the brakes above 40-50 MPH. Does not matter how gingerly I apply brakes--my mechanic says the rotor (s) are warped. He replaced them. He told me that the rear brake shoes show burn spots. Same for the front disc pads.
When I asked him what would cause this, he said possibly riding the brakes alot. I DON'T RIDE THE BRAKES! I go down steep hills in 2nd (auto trans). I rarely ever use the brakes going over 50 mph. I use gearing alolt to slow down (I anticipate in advance when I need to slow down, like takiing my foot off the accelerator. etc.) Something else is causing this.
P.S. I had the front brake pads replaced at about 100K. I NEVER HAD THIS PROBLEM BEFORE I REPLACED THE FRONT BRAKES. My mechanic does not use toyota parts. Could the non toyota brake components used by my mechanic be causimg the problem?

·
1998 T100 SR5 2WD
14,375 Posts
What parts has he replaced? Just the rotor and pads? Shoes?

Is he a thorough mechanic? Do you know if he has checked all the components in the housing? Slave cylinders...guides...brake lines... Did he rebuild the calipers?

Do you wrench at all? You should still be able to take a look and see.

BTW...4wd or 2wd? ;)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts